09 December 2010

Berlitz Day 4

UGH POLITICS UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH TAXES BARF UGH ECONOMY UGHHHHHHHHH.

New Etsy items! Check 'em out! -->

Today was a long day, but it was pretty good. I went to tutor Ronald, and for some reason my laptop wouldn't get on the internet at the office, so I just asked him opinion questions out of the TOEFL book and let him talk. He did really really well and didn't make very many grammar mistakes! Most of his errors now are with word order, which is so so so so so sososooooo awesome, and I feel great about how he's progressing despite his limited vocabulary.

He asked me some questions about specific stuff that was confusing him, and we had a good talk about a few points of English like when to use "that" vs. "it." Then I asked some questions about a few things in Spanish that were giving me issues, and we had a nice knowledge-exchange. Hooray!

Thennn I got to go to Berlitz and observe the 2nd half of an upper-level English class. Today they were working on how to write business emails. It was very interesting, and I thought the instructor was great.

I took a break in the cafeteria (which has any kind of coffee or tea you can imagine from this amazing machine!) to do my module and prepare my 10-minute demo lesson on present perfect, then headed to training.

We did our demos and had one-on-one feedback with the instructor, and I feel like I did pretty well. She hinted that they need someone to do a total immersion class (4-8 hours a day!) in 2 weeks, and I might be considered for that. HOORAY.

During the rest of the training, we got into some of the more intricate workings of English and how hard they are to teach. I loved it because I love grammar and learning about how to explain it. Tomorrow we have a 30-minute demo to do! I'm nervous!

In other news, Emily AND my sister will be in Austin this weekend. I'm excited! I haven't seen seester since August I don't think.

YAYYYYYYYY

No comments:

Post a Comment